Friday, September 14, 2007

The 6th MGPA... could be a blow storm for me...

Really......, this time I was really stuck up during the 6th MGPA... I knew the code was superb... it could never fail... but the wretched "Parikshak".... it can't even tolerate even a subtle difference... that i knew ... but where was it finding that little a difference..... ?
It was all before me.... I did insert print methods in the code.... the code did show what all was getting out of the logic of the program.... but it was just a slip of my eyes that I couldn't notice that the program was actually producing 'two' line-breaks instead of just 'one'.....

And,... do you know how I got into all of a sudden in this kind of a situation.... It was all because I wanted to kick 'Bajaj' behind by submitting my code earlier than him... so that he could no longer boast of this and that..... a very sheer of me .... and i typed by mistake, an extra '\n' which took all the show down to ashes......
I wondered though the code up and down...... trying to find out what went wrong actually.... but alas... i couldn't find the minute fault in my code....
Then I felt that it was the time to change the approach... I implied a 'static' string as the instance member of the class and stripped out the extra space at the end of it using the substring method of the 'String' class and then directed it to the display using the 'System.out.println' method....... O'................ what a mistake I was fooling around.... I felt it this moment that all of my previous code was exactly correct.... except for the extra '\n'. But still, I didn't have the patience to rework and submit it... After all... the present code was still consistent; and I simply wanted to all the 'Y's at the earliest....
Hence, i did submit the code right away and felt greatly relaxxed after getting one 'Y' and all the other 'Y's following in the line....
In the meanwhile, I could see Anubhav Sir and Sachin Sir disappointed at the fact that I was behaving so careless... I think I got that warmth from them that I didn't remain stuck for long.....
I wrote the very previous blog on the topic 'competition', but this time it was a great lesson for me that competition can be at times, hazardous...... and it's you who must decide whether a competition is healthy for you or not.....
I would always carry Sachin Sir's warning after the MGPA was over... that I shouldn't be so careless again....
Yes... I would take my own time, and get my code ready patiently.... after all there's so much of time... and what could I achieve by submitting before or after...? Getting all 'Y's is all that is required.... So, I expect all my readers to learn the same lesson that I did after reading this blog of mine....
Bye for now...

No comments: